Mexico Work Visa Process – Temporary Resident Visa

Spain is not in North America. The United States is right next to it. In some fields, Mexico needs trained workers more than it has them, which can make it easier to get a work visa. We will talk about the Mexico Work Visa Process and the different kinds of work permits. Mexico, which is really called the United Mexican States, is one of the most famous places for tourists to visit in the world.

You can work in Mexico in two ways. You can either apply for a “temporary resident visa with a work permit” or a “visitor visa with a work permit.” The TRV is the most popular way for foreigners to work in Mexico, and it’s good for up to four years. This post will tell you everything you need to know to get a Temporary Resident Visa with Work Permit for Mexico. Read on to find out more.

Details of Mexico Work Visa Process – Temporary Resident Visa

Types of Mexico Work Visas

  • Visitor Visa with work authorization: This lets you work for up to six months, but it can’t be extended.
  • Temporary Resident Visa with work permit (Work Visa): For foreigners who want to work in Mexico for a long time, this is the most popular option. It works for up to four years.

Requirements for a Temporary Resident Visa with work permit

  • You need to have a job offer in Mexico.
  • The boss makes an application for a work pass.
  • The person applying for the visa goes to the office.
  • Passport that works.
  • Forms for applications.
  • Letters from employers (offer, register of business)
  • Proof of income (a plane ticket is enough)
  • Fees

Steps involved in Obtaining a Mexico Temporary Resident Visa?

The application process is divided into two parts:

Employer applies for a Work Permit: The National Immigration Institute (INM) in Mexico will first give your boss a work pass.

Apply for the TRV Visa at the Embassy: As soon as the work permit is okay. There is a Mexican office or consulate in your home country where you can get the Temporary Resident Visa.


Exchange a Visa into Residence Card: You will need to trade in your visa for a Temporary Resident Card when you get to Mexico. This card lets you work and live there.

How to Apply for the Mexico Temporary Resident Visa?

  • To make an appointment, call a Mexico office. These are all the Mexican offices that you can find here.
  • If your country isn’t on the list, just type “your country name” into Google to find the Embassy of Mexico in that country.
  • Print out and fill out the Mexico Visa Application Form that you can get at this link.
  • Get the necessary papers together.
  • Send in the application and pay the fee for the visa.
  • Wait until the visa is ready.

After entering Mexico: Exchange the Temporary Resident Visa into a Temporary Residence Card

You have 30 days from the time you arrive in Mexico to change your Temporary Resident Visa into a Temporary Residence Card. The building of the National Immigration Institute in Mexico is where you can get your dwelling card.

Duration of the Temporary Resident Visa and a Temporary Residence Card

The Temporary Resident Visa is good for 6 months. That’s why you need to get a Temporary Residence card instead.

It’s possible to live in Mexico temporarily for four years with this card. You can apply for Permanent Residency after living in the country for four years with a Temporary Resident Visa.

Skill Shortage Sectors in Mexico

  • Engineering (especially automotive and aerospace)
  • Manufacturing
  • Information Technology
  • Renewable Energy

Useful Resources:

  • National Institute of Migration (INM): The major Mexican government agency for immigration issues, such as visas and work permits, is the National Institute of Migration (INM).
  • Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE): The website of Mexico’s Foreign Ministry has information on visas, including a part for setting up appointments for visas.

People Also Ask

  1. What are the types of Mexico work visas?

    There are two main types of work visas in Mexico: the Visitor visa with work authorization lets you work for up to six months, and the Temporary Resident Visa with work authorization lets you work for up to four years.

  2. What are the skill shortage sectors in Mexico?

    Engineering (especially automotive and aerospace), manufacturing, IT, and green energy are some of the skills that are in short supply in Mexico.

Olivia Robe

Olivia Robe is a seasoned expert in the field of career development, always ready to provide her invaluable expertise to newcomers and students alike. With a master's degree in career counseling, Olivia has honed her skills and knowledge to guide individuals towards a path of success and fulfillment in their professional lives. Her dedication to helping others navigate the complexities of career choices makes her a trusted resource in the realm of career making.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button